Senin, 29 November 2010

What's bothering them?


(debateitout.com)

    In this post, I would like to explain more about post-traumatic trauma disorder (PTSD). If stress is present in acute state and is not recurrent, it may have low probability of developing PTSD. PTSD is common in many unresolved case. The incidence of PTSD is higher when mass disaster happened such as Jogjakarta Earthquake in 2006. There are many clinical manifestation of PTSD including associated symptoms of detachment and loss of emotional responsivity, avoidance behaviours toward stimuli, recurrence thought, dreams and flashback of the events as well as feeling of depersonalized and unable to recall the specific aspect of trauma.

Moreover, there are three stages of disaster’s victim psychological reaction: Shocked stage, Honeymoon stage, Disillusionized  stage. The first stage usually occurs just after the event hit until several days of disaster. There are many criteria of victim who are still living in this stage such acquiring basic needs to survive, finding a place that is secure – that can provide adequate food, and place for sleep, having unclear recognition of reality such as still go to the office to work despite of having serious disaster, concern about their family members excessively and many other symptoms. In the second stage, the duration may vary from each individual. It can take several weeks or several months to proceed to the third stage. People reactions in this honeymoon stage may react differently. Some people tried to escape from the disaster area and migrate to the other area that is more secure. For some people who have skills or other abilities to survive in the new place, this action may allow them to recover faster than other people in term of economy. Other than that, some response by staying at their home instead of dangerous condition that threats them. The action taken may be due to their concern about home or attachment to their home. In this stage, many people are expected to have sleepiness. The third stage is the disillusionized stage. In this stage, people stage to feel hopelessness when mass media stop the reporting the disaster and people that are not affected by disaster (who are living outside the area) start to forget about them. This stage may occur after several months of honeymoon stage and may last for more than a year. 

  The etiology and pathophysiology of PTSD are related to the excessive norepinephrine discharge in locus coeruleus as well as increase in noradrenergic discharge at projection sites in hippocampus and amygdala. This theory correlate PTSD and fear-based memories.

  The treatments of choice for PTSD are SSRIs, TCAs such as imipramine and amitriptyline, MAOI phenelzine, trazadone (for insomnia treatment), propranolol (used in acute phase for PTSD prevention), and many other medications. The first three groups of drugs mentioned above help in reducing anxiety, symptoms of intrusions and avoidance behaviour. Psychotherapeutic therapy can help in the treatment of avoidance therapy and demoralization. 

References:1. Fauci. Et al. Stress Disorder. Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine. 2008.
2. Sakurai, S. Miyata, S. Nakagawa, I. PTSD and Natural Disaster.
. [online accessed on November 29th 2010]
URL: http://www.soi.asia/seminar/tsunami/material/PTSD_miyata.pdf

1 komentar:

  1. I was born epileptic and at the same time I was having gastro disorder, but I am now free and cured with Dr Itua Herbal Made Medicine. I was seventeen and sitting at my computer when I fell out of my chair. Only thing I remember is waking up with the worst headache I had ever had in my life. I had never taken medication and I hated swallowing pills but I had to start. I switched between all kinds of medication because I didn't take them like I was supposed to. One day I had just finished running errands and was at my sister's house when I fell to the floor again. I woke up with a bad headache and my 2 year old Niece leaning over my leg asking me if I was OK. By then I had just started college and was one the verge of losing my license. My school is an hour away from where I live so I really got set back because I wasn't allowed to drive until I got my seizures under control. I would love to know how others have handled their epilepsy! So My sister's friend Emma Told my sister about a herbal Doctor who resides in west Africa(Nigeria) Because Emma is from Africa as well, My sister told me about it then we decided to give it a try. My sister contacted him also tell him about my autism too.he assures my sister that his herbal medicine will cure my epilepsy and my autism, I paid for the herbal medicine then he delivered to Charleston Post office I was called to pick it up which i quickly did, I drank it for two weeks as prescribed happily I went for diagnose and find out my Epilepsy and Autism is gone and today making it 9 Months and I'm now free from Autism, Seizure and Epilepsy, I will continue to share Dr Itua Natural Herbal Medicine works. I will recommend Dr Itua to anyone who is suffering from,,,AUTISM, EPILEPSY, SEIZURE, COLD SORE, HERPES, HIV/AIDS.Shingles,Gastro disorder,Diabetes,Back Pain,Cancer,HPV,Lupus,Dr Itua Contact Information..... Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com.... WhatsApp Number....+2348149277967. Live Happily Again With Dr Itua Herbal Made Medicine....

    BalasHapus